Parental Permission and Acknowledgement of Conditions for Participation in Program
- I/we, parent or authorized guardian of the child named above give permission for his/her participation in basketball and all related activities, including but not limited to transportation to and from games or practice sessions.
- I/we agree to direct my/our child to cooperate and comply with reasonable directions and instructions from LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY staff or adult volunteer leaders (coaches).
- I/we agree to be responsible for all medical expenses relating to injury of my/our child as a result of his/her participation in any sport activity, whether or not caused by the negligence of parish, school, or LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY program employees, agents or volunteers or other participants.
- I/we understand that children competing in athletic and recreational sports programs risk injury to the body, psyche or property damage to themselves and others. Such injuries can be caused by teammates, other persons or accidentally or intentionally self-inflicted, faulty equipment or facilities, conditions of recreational facilities or the schools or parishes where sports activities are held, vehicle accidents while in transport or through the activity itself. Protective equipment used in a sports activity is not a safeguard against injury.
- I/we hereby give permission for my child to be photographed by the LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY at LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY activities. I realize that the photograph may be published on a LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY website, in a LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY brochure, in a newspaper, a magazine, or other publication.
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the sports activities of LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY, use the equipment provided and to enter the premises or facilities of LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY AND IT’S PARTNERS for any purpose including observation and participation in activities, the parent or guardian for him or herself and any successors in interest and on behalf of the minor child agrees:
- To release, waive, discharge and promise not to sue LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY, and its affiliated entities, its officers, directors, employees, agents and volunteers (hereafter referred to as “Releasees”) from all liability for any loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefor on account of serious or mortal injury to the body, injury to psyche or property of the minor child, or undersigned parent or guardian, whether caused by negligence or other conduct by the Releasees while the minor child, parent or guardian is participating in LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY sports activities or in, upon or about the premises of the LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY PARTNER or any of its facilities or equipment.
- To indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage or cost it may incur due to the presence of the minor child, parent or guardian in, upon or about the premises of LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY AND IT’S PARTNERS, its facilities or equipment, or while participating in any LEVEL UP SPORTS ACADEMY sports activities whether caused by the negligence of Releasees or otherwise.
- That the parent or guardian has read this Agreement, acknowledges the Agreement and that no oral representations, statements or inducements apart from the contents of this written Agreement have been made.