Level Up 3v3 League
A fun and competitive half court fast-paced style basketball game
- BOYS 7th – 8th grade: Fall schedule is TBD
- GIRLS 4th – 8th grade: Friday, Aug 9, 16, 23. Sept 6, 13, 20 at Oakwood Athletic Club, Fridays 4-7 PM
- Guaranteed at three 15 minute games (3-6 games)
- Join as a team or free agent (we’ll place you on a team). Club teams welcome to participate.
- Teams can have up to 5 players (3 starters and 0-2 substitutes). Coaches are not required for a team to participate (Just need a team parent to register your team).
- Skilled players may compete in one level up.
- Cost per player: $150
Why 3 on 3?
As a player development organization, we’re big fans of 3 on 3 basketball. We think it’s awesome for skill development at all age levels because…
- You get MORE touches on the ball. Six passes is an average possession in 3on3, meaning each player will have the ball at least TWICE every possession.
- You have more space to try new moves and practice new skills.
- Your defensive footwork and agility get challenged because you have to cover more distance with fewer players on the court.
- You IMPROVE passing, dribbling, shooting, cutting, spacing, rebounding and defense.
- All players have an equal opportunity to make plays and help their team win.
Does your son or daughter dream of playing high school basketball?
Grouped by grade and coached by our experienced staff, athletes take on basketball skill challenges, game situation drills, and confidence boosting training, tailored to their age. They learn life skills such as teamwork, problem solving and leadership. We encourage kids to step outside their comfort zone, push themselves beyond their current abilities and stretch their imagination to develop a growth mindset.
If you don’t see availability in your grade below, please consider joining our 3v3 league.
Practice Schedule & Cost Boys/Girls
|Team||Location||Practice Time*||Per Season|
|9th Grade||Tice/JM||Monday/Thurs 5:30-6:30||$550|
6:30 – 8
- Summer (June & July)
- Price does not include a uniform ($98)
- All practices are at New Hope Academy in Concord, Tice Community Gym in Walnut Creek, and Joaquin Moraga
- Games are held on Saturday and Sunday at local gyms. There are 8 games in a season
- Athletes expected to participate in one team organized charitable event
- *Practice schedule subject to change based on gym availability
Coach Flitter emphasized academics and life off the court. In fact, he rewarded being a good citizen as much as he rewarded being a strong basketball player.
We chose Coach Flitter because of his positive-mentor coaching philosophy which is the centerpiece of all that he does.
Coach Flitter focuses on some of the most critical yet often overlooked aspects of youth basketball – integrity, fair play, sportsmanship and positive attitude.
I truly believe your program is a vital source to combine basketball, community and kindness. You make a difference to many young men.
Coach Flitter talked about what each player did that helped the team and/or how the player had developed or used a particular skill in that game or practice and he encouraged the teammates to do the same.